Advanced HTML Editor 3 Support Product Page

This topic is locked
This topic was archived by Teodor Kuduschiev on 2/7/2018 12:27:57 PM
Answered

Support not responding?

Asked 24 Jun 2016 11:04:40
have this question
24 Jun 2016 11:04:40 Nathon Jones posted:
I am having trouble with advHTML Editor 3.5.6 in that when you paste from Notepad it either bunches all the text into one huge paragraph or it double line breaks the line breaks from Notepad. Also when you press Enter to add a line break it jumps to the end of your text as if you'd pressed the "End" key.

This is happening across all browsers and also in the showcase example on the DMX Zone website.

Miro was looking into this but disappeared offline in the middle of our conversation and now I can't get a response via the online support.

Are there problems at DMX Zone?

Replies

Replied 06 Jul 2016 09:34:01
06 Jul 2016 09:34:01 Nathon Jones replied:
I use advHTML in a CMS to allow users to add/edit content on their site. They enter text in advHTML Editor fields, within the CMS, which saves to database and that text is then displayed on the public site via recordsets.

<p>[recordset data]</p>

If advHTML isn't going to insert P tags then won't I need to hand code them to ensure validity? Otherwise it would appear as...

<p>Static text content.</p>
[recordset data]
<p>More static content.</p>

...whereas it should display as...

<p>Static text content.</p>
<p>[recordset data]</p>
<p>More static content.</p>

Hope that makes sense. Thank you.
NJ

PS. Can you please explain why the "Enter" issue doesn't affect HTML Editor fields in this forum? What do DMX Zone use for HTML Editor fields because it's clearly not advHTML Editor!
Replied 06 Jul 2016 09:43:57
06 Jul 2016 09:43:57 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
AHE3 Always wraps its content in <p></p>
Please contact me in the live support chat with a link to your page, where it happens, so we can provide a fix about this within this week.

The forum isn't using the extension called Advanced HTML Editor actually, as it does not need all of its functionality.
Replied 06 Jul 2016 10:13:08
06 Jul 2016 10:13:08 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Also, what i mean by "browser specific issue" is that this only does happen in MS Edge .. the editor copy/paste/enter is working perfectly in Chrome 51 and Firefox 47.
Replied 07 Feb 2018 12:15:14
07 Feb 2018 12:15:14 tina bruckner replied:
I too have found Support to be nonexistent over the past year or so. I have purchased many extensions and have many issues that have rendered some useless. Support does not answer as they claim they do. Nice way to thank loyal customer.

Reply to this topic