“A beautiful way to flip through the news and share it”Given the success Apple has seen this year with the launch of the iPad, they decided to single out the device to give it its own “App of the Year” award. The winner? Flipboard. The social magazine app launched in July with some glowing reviews and since then, a few small updates have made it even better.
Bring More Content To Your Flipboard
First of all, Flipboard has added both Flickr and Google Reader integration to bring more content into the system. Users of those services can easily link up their accounts to create new areas to browse on their Flipboard.
New Twitter and Facebook FeaturesThe bigger news is what they’ve added to the content options that have
existed on Flipboard since the beginning: Twitter and Facebook. Both of these areas on Flipboard now feature support for various sections of the services:
- So on Facebook, you can browse items shared in the News Feed, on your Wall, on the various Pages you follow, or filter items by the Friend Lists you have. You can also filter the stream to show just pictures or just links.
- Send Tweets and/or Facebook status updates from within the app.
- Send a note to Google Reader.
- Reply to Facebook messages and Tweets.
- And articles can easily be sent to Instapaper to read later.
- Set the Google Reader integration to remember what you have and haven’t read already.