Advanced Layer Popup Support Product Page

This topic was archived

I would like to get rid of the scrollbars

Reported 26 Feb 2007 16:26:01
has this problem
26 Feb 2007 16:26:01 Victor DeCastro posted:
I am using the extension Avanced Pop up Window and I would like to get rid of the scrollbars.

Please help.

Thanks,

Victor

Replies

Replied 27 Mar 2007 09:22:53
27 Mar 2007 09:22:53 Georgi Kralev replied:
Hi Victor,

If you are loading html page that you can edit, add the following css property for the body:
overflow:hidden;

If you page do not use css files just add the following code to your page:

<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>&lt;style type="text/css"&gt;
&lt;!--
body {
}
--&gt;
&lt;/style&gt; </font id=code></pre id=code>

Otherwise you could add the following code to you css file:
body {
}

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

----------------------------------
Support - www.DMXzone.com
Replied 28 Mar 2007 16:46:02
28 Mar 2007 16:46:02 Håkan Petersson replied:
Because of that Internet Explorer 6.0 for Windows, and Internet Explorer 5.0 for Mac has a bug that provides a horizontal scrollbar to pages residing in frames or popup windows, even when no horizontal scrollbar is needed. The cause is a flawed interpretation of the XHTML 1.0 transitional doctype.

I am not shore if I have the right solution here but what I have heard is that the css difinition shall be:

html {
overflow-x: hidden;
overflow-y: auto;
}

to work in both Mac and PC.

Cons:

Simply hides the horisontal scroller, doesn’t actually fix the problem. Thus, you may have content that will actually be located outside the page, where normally a horisontal scroller would be needed. It will be forcefully hidden.

Paste the following code in your stylesheet:

body {
margin-right: -15px;
margin-bottom: -15px;
}
This adds a negative vertical and horisontal margin, the exact amount that IE adds, thus eliminating the artificial need for a scrollbar

//Håkan Petersson

Edited by - petersson on 28 Mar 2007 16:59:22
Replied 29 Mar 2007 14:08:27
29 Mar 2007 14:08:27 Kenny Darcy replied:
hi yea

this is something I just came across myself, and it is something that damages the over all experience of using this extension. IF you guys are going to do an update to this extension in the near futuer, could you add it so when one enters the body area of the layer popup that that is all that will be shown. it is a brilliant extension but the concept of having to work out how to get rid of scroll bars is a pain.

regards

kenny
Replied 02 Apr 2007 11:41:50
02 Apr 2007 11:41:50 Georgi Kralev replied:
Hi Kenny,

The scrollbars issue could be fixed only by adding a code to the html contend that is load into the Popup. Therefore, it cannot be fixed into the extension.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

----------------------------------
Support - www.DMXzone.com
Replied 22 Nov 2009 20:11:38
22 Nov 2009 20:11:38 Tim Liszt replied:
Question: Why do I have to enter this extra line of code?

In Advanced Layer Popup's window, I specify the width/height of the popup window to *exactly* the size of the image it displays. And it works perfectly in Safari, but it Firefox there are scrollbars because the 'inline' window doesn't accommodate the size of the placed image (even though the pixel dimensions should work).

I guess I just don't understand why when the values of the window size are set correctly, the scrollbars should appear... here is my page (the Advanced Layer Popup is assigned to the 1st and 3rd photo image). It works now only because I had to add the line of code as provided in this forum.

georgedgreencom.siteprotect.net/studio.html

My questions: Why doesn't it work in the extension? Why doesn't Firefox render this correctly, but Safari does? Very annoying. I bought the extension because of my lack of skills as a coder, but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Can't you have a checkbox that simply says "scrollbars" and it can be checked or not (like in Advanced Open Window)?

Reply to this topic