Forums

This topic is locked

Question for Dreamweaver experts, about building f

Posted 05 Sep 2005 22:17:06
has voted
05 Sep 2005 22:17:06 gint vida posted:
Software: Dreamweaver MX 2004
Project: ASP,VBScript, local testing server Win XP Pro.
My experience: This is my first dynamic web site, went thru couple books and video tutorial’s about ASP.

Little bit about what I am trying to do:
I want o build a registration page for customers. In the registration page person enters his or hers info. Lover in the form from the dropdown menus they select “material status” and from another drop down menu they choose how many “children” thy have. (All this is on one form, I have all needed record sets created, and options from the dropdown menu also are pulled from database)

This is what I am trying to accomplish:
If the person chooses ‘married’ from the “material status” dropdown menu, and he or she has ‘3’ children selected in “Children” drop down menu, after clicking “Next” button at the bottom of the form, I want server generate page with forms for “spouse” and thee forms for “Child #1”, “Child #2”, “Child #3”.
In the simpler words, if the customer in first page chooses ‘Material status’ – “Single”, ‘Children’ – “0”. After clinking next customer will be taken to the page with 4 ‘Children’ forms and no ‘Spouse’ form.

My questions:
How do I connect (tell server) , witch forms to display in next page, and how many times to repeat ‘Children’ form based on the options selected in previous page, from drop down menu’s? Can this be done thru Dreamweaver menus, or it has to be hand coded? Is there Extensions available to help me accomplish this task?
Here is website link, I want to build something similar in ASP: www.greencardlotterygroup.com/cgi-bin/main.pl

Please help me. I will appreciate any suggestions, links, suggested books and tutorials.
Thanks a lot.
<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

Reply to this topic