MSIE problem - cant press this menu item

Asked 02 May 2004 01:18:19
has this question
02 May 2004 01:18:19 Phil Anders posted:
www.frontrangebusiness.net

Level 1:Magazine
Level 2: Issues
Level 3: Current issue

The problem is, Current issue is set for a 5 second delay. But you cannot press it because it disappears as soon as you move your mouse. This problem does not exist in Mozilla, just in MSIE. Try it in both, you will see.

Thanks

Replies

Replied 02 May 2004 13:34:59
02 May 2004 13:34:59 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
There is too much space between the menu layers.
It will only work if they are right next to each other, so that the mouse is directly over the child menu layer when it leaves the parent menu layer.

--
Marja Ribbers-de Vroed
www.flevooware.nl
www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/
Replied 02 May 2004 14:53:01
02 May 2004 14:53:01 Phil Anders replied:
The child layer is directly beneath the parent (left -50 top 20). Any closer and it would be overlapping the parent.

In a previous post, where I wanted the child layer to be directly atop the parent layer, you cited that that would be confusing to the user.

Are you saying, the only way this will work is if the child layer is right on top of the parent?

Thanks
Replied 03 May 2004 10:20:41
03 May 2004 10:20:41 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>The child layer is directly beneath the parent (left -50 top 20). Any closer and it would be overlapping the parent.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
It is now, but the first time I looked they were far apart.
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>In a previous post, where I wanted the child layer to be directly atop the parent layer, you cited that that would be confusing to the user.
Are you saying, the only way this will work is if the child layer is right on top of the parent?<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
No, that's not what I'm saying. And in fact, I think they should overlap a little less.
But at this point, I'm not sure how you want it to work.

I've looked at the source of your page and I'm sorry to say that it is a mess: there are 5 &lt;body&gt; tags in there and 5 closing &lt;/html&gt; tags. This is enough to confuse any browser.
How did the page get this way? Are you working with server-side includes?
Because if you are, you need to make sure that the resulting page still is valid HTML, which it is definitely not right now.

Please clean up the page and see how it works then.

--
Marja Ribbers-de Vroed
www.flevooware.nl
www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/

Edited by - MarjaR on 03 May 2004 10:24:55

Edited by - MarjaR on 03 May 2004 10:25:39
Replied 03 May 2004 15:43:25
03 May 2004 15:43:25 Phil Anders replied:
Yes, I have moved them around since my posting. I dont want them to be this close, but if that is what it takes to get it to work....

As far as the extra tags, yes it is due to various includes. Im still testing different includes so I hadnt cleaned out the extra tags yet. They are cleaned out now.

Reply to this topic