Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

Dynamic drop down lists

Posted 06 Sep 2001 12:47:01
has voted
06 Sep 2001 12:47:01 Kevin Woodhouse posted:
All I want to do is select an item from a dynamic drop down box which has been populated with selections from a table in a database. I can achieve this quite easy. My problem is I want to be able to select and item from this list and click submit and have that information inserted into another table in the database. Sounds fairly easy so why cant I do it.....

Replies

Replied 06 Sep 2001 13:09:21
06 Sep 2001 13:09:21 Waldo Smeets replied:
I assume you applied the Insert Record server behavior correctly to the page? If so, what errors/problems do you get?

Waldo Smeets - www.UDzone.com Webmaster
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>
Replied 10 Sep 2001 10:21:15
10 Sep 2001 10:21:15 Kevin Woodhouse replied:
I have applied the Insert record behaviour and have and told it to get the values from form1 and where to insert the form elements: The database has two tables, main and circnames. a relashonship is setup in the database to tie the two tables together. A list of circuit names is provided from circnames and the 'main' table is updated when the Submit button is pressed.
I can't seem to find anything on the Macromedia site about this paticular problem. Plenty of stuff about dynamic lists but not when they are in a form and need to inserted in a database. Good luck :&gt;

The following error occurs when the submit button is pressed:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e10'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1.

Reply to this topic